News: Tagged as FontShop
We’re looking for a full-time Marketing Communications Specialist to join our team in our Berlin office on a permanent basis. As part of our E-Commerce Team, you will be responsible for spreading the word about FontShop and FontFont through creative campaigns and effective marketing.
You will be responsible for:
- Creating, planning and organizing campaigns to market FontShop and FontFont products
- Content planning and copy writing including articles, newsletters, direct mailings
- Running social media channels (we have many)
- Organizing, negotiating and seeking out relevant sponsorship opportunities
- Creating other opportunities (PR etc.) to raise the profile of both brands
- Establishing and maintaining good working relationships with typography foundries and designers
- Support the work of the Marketing Manager and undertake any tasks he requires
- Work closely with Graphic Designers to create collateral and marketing materials
- Other ad-hoc administrative tasks
What we’re looking for:
- A background in marketing or communications with at least 2–5 years experience
- Creativity and a flair for writing
- An eye for detail and a knack for spotting a typo (especially an incorrect apostrophe ;)
- Great organization and the ability to handle multiple projects
- Fluency in English, German is a plus
- A knowledge of Google Analytics and Adwords is a plus but not a must
What we offer:
- A fun and friendly atmosphere
- A position within an enthusiastic creative team working closely with type designers and foundries from all over the world
- Attractive salary and holiday package
Please apply through the online portal.
Located in the Kreuzberg area of Berlin, FontShop is a leading font distribution platform with its own type foundry FontFont, the largest library of original and contemporary typefaces. We are part of the Monotype family, a leading global provider of type, technology and expertise, enabling optimal user experiences and brand integrity. We help creative professionals distinguish their work by employing exceptional type and advanced technologies in service to their imaginations.
Read all about the team in Berlin.
Today is a groundbreaking day in our history, in fact the most important one since Erik Spiekermann and Neville Brody have started the FontFont library back in 1990. The US typeface company Monotype announced that they have acquired FontShop and us, the FontFont library.permalink
A few years ago, we in collaboration with Tim Ahrens and FontShop created FontFonter as the first free tool to allow anyone to try and preview webfonts on any website.
With the completely new and more flexible WebFonter, you can now try and test Web FontFonts together with the 15,000+ webfonts available from FontShop.com in any existing site. You can replace headline or body text, specific fonts, or, using custom CSS selectors, anything you want with a typeface of your choosing.
WebFonter can be used during the design and development process – a critical time for font choice. The target website does not need to be publicly accessible in order to test-drive webfonts. This hugely important feature marries well with the current web design trend towards designing directly in the browser.
Available for free as a Chrome extension, browser bookmarklet or by entering a URL directly at webfonter.fontshop.com, this new tool will succeed FontFonter to make the web design process even better and as seamless as possible.permalink
FSI FontShop International – home of the FontShop network and the FontFont library – is thrilled to announce their new FontBook™ iPad app, the world’s most comprehensive typographic reference tool!
FF Sero at the FontBook app
Moving the book into the online realm allows us to increase the number of font samples from 32,000 to an astonishing 620,000, while reducing the weight of the “book” by 80%. Use the FontBook app to look up and view fonts by typeface name, type classification, designer name, foundry name, year of publication, or by similarity of design. Now typophiles can browse and compare typefaces on-the-go, at the swipe of a finger.read more
FontFont represents some of the most talented and interesting type designers in the world. And for most of the year, that’s where they are: scattered all over the globe. In celebration of FontShop’s 20th Anniversary, FSI’s Ivo Gabrowitsch took the opportunity of a rare gathering this spring to talk with seven FontFont designers and get their take on their personal history in type design and what’s coming next. These conversations, peppered with insight about the creative process, are a rare look at the faces behind the typefaces.
The first of three FontCasts – published as part of FontShop’s FontCast series – from the day features Michael Abbink from New York City (FF Kievit, FF Milo) and Erik van Blokland from The Hague (FF Trixie, FF Erikrighthand, FF Beowolf).read more