FontBook & Made With FontFont
With over 32,000 type samples from 90 international libraries on 1,760 pages, FontBook is the most complete digital type reference in the world. Since 1991, “the big yellow book” has been the trusted friend of designers, typographers, advertisers, manufacturers, publishers, historians, and anyone else who uses type.
FontBook is the only guide that compiles original, digital typefaces from multiple manufacturers and presents them in a systematic way.
FontBook is all-inclusive, with typefaces both old and new. It contains all the classics of the art of printing, insofar as they are available digitally, as well as the latest font releases and extensions.
FontBook is a type encyclopedia with an abundance of carefully researched notes on type designers, year of publication, similar fonts, and additional language versions.
Made with FontFont
Made with FontFont is a unique publication about making and using digital type. Featuring essays, interviews and dozens of highly original type specimens and ‘visual essays’ specially made for the book, it is both a fascinating overview of one of the world’s most influential type libraries and an attractive marketing tool, showcasing bestsellers as well as unknown treasures.
The book has 5 parts, each dealing with the conception and use of FontFonts in a different way:
- Thinking FontFont: An anthology of essays and type critiques – With articles by John E.Berry, Akira Kobayashi, Emily King, Martin Majoor, Erik Spiekermann, LettError, Antje Dohmann, Fred Smeijers, Jan Middendorp and others.
- Talking FontFont: Interviews on type design with Chris Burke, Hans Reichel, Siegfried Rückel, Ian Lynam and Mike Abbink.
- Making FontFont: FontFont designers visualize their motives, methods and sources – With visual essays by Nick Shinn, Verena Gerlach, Alessio Leonardi, Albert Pinggera, Stephan Müller, Martin Wenzel and others
- Showing FontFont: A new view of the type specimen, that ancient marketing instrument and intellectual challenge. Designers from many parts of the yorld contributed specially designed (and written) type specimens to the book. Includes work by Ellen Lupton, Mark Thomson, Studio Dumbar, Reza Abedini, Jaap van Triest, Yang Liu, Laura Meseguer and others.
- Made with FontFont: Designers’ pages, posters, postcards, magazine covers, t-shirts and other products made with FontFonts. Includes designs by the likes of Paula Scher/Pentagram, Neville Brody, Rian Hughes, eBoy, Cosmic and many others.
If you want to order Made with FontFont please contact us.